Faculty-led program applications are either Open or By Faculty Permission. The application steps for both are as follows:
If the faculty led program is by Faculty Permission only students will need to contact the faculty director directly to discuss the program. If approved the faculty member will notify the Education Abroad Office and we will open the application for you in AppalNET/Banner Self Service. Faculty contact information can be found by clicking on the links from the Faculty-led program table.
If the faculty-led program is open to all students you will be able to find the application in AppalNET/Banner Self Service.
Once approval is given by the faculty leader or if the program is open the application steps will be as follows:
SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Log in to AppalNET/Banner Self-Service.
- Select the "Direct Link to Web Self-Service" using your AppState username and password.
- Select the Student Tab.
- Scroll down and click on the "Faculty-led Study Abroad Application Packet*" link.
- Select the program-specific application form from the programs drop-down menu.
- Fill out, save, and submit the online application.
PRINT, SIGN, AND DATE THE PAPER APPLICATION FORM
PAY THE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
- Walk to the Office of Student Accounts, located on the 2nd floor of the John E. Thomas building.
- Give the name and term of your program to the Cashier who will look up the deposit charge on your account (e.g., Poland COM Summer 1).
- Pay the non-refundable deposit by check, cash, debit card, or money order. Please note that Student Accounts can no longer accept credit card payments in person, but they can take credit card payments online. Online credit and debit card payments are subject to a non-refundable 2.75% transaction fee.
BRING YOUR SIGNED PAPER APPLICATION TO OIED
- Walk to the Office of International Education and Development (OIED), located on the 3rd floor of Plemmons Student Union, Suite 321.
- OIED will make your enrollment official upon receipt of your signed paper application and verification of deposit payment.
Applications for Semester and Partner Summer programs are found on the individual program brochure pages.
- On the individual program brochure pages click on the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
- Log in with your App username and password.
- Select the term that you want to apply for.
- Submit the necessary application materials as indicated in the online application.
- Once all of the necessary application materials have been submitted your application will be reviewed by the Education Abroad Office in the order it was completed.
- If approved by the Education Abroad Office your application status will be changed to OIED Approved and you will receive an email with your next steps which include submitting additional documents to the Education Abroad Office as well as completing the Partner Application.
- A $200 non-refundable charge will be placed on your Appalachian Student Term Bill which you will need to submit to confirm your spot.
Students must work with their academic departments for approval before beginning the OIED internship application.
Students who are interested in international internships will need to complete the following steps:
- Meet with their faculty advisor to find an internship or communicate the information you have found with your advisor regarding your internship
- Get approval from the department and be submitted into the Internship Inventory
- Complete the OIED International Internship application. OIED must certify international internships before students can be registered in the internship course by the department
- Follow up with your department to ensure you are registered for internship credit
International Student Teaching
International Student Teaching applications are coordinated through the Reich College of Education. Upon acceptance by RCOE students will complete a registration process through the Education Abroad Office.