What is Global Exchange?
Global Exchange is a FREE monthly event that takes place every last Wednesday of the month from 4:00-5:00 pm. Located in Whitewater Cafe (near McAlister's in the Plemmons Student Union), Global Exchange brings domestic and international students together to enjoy music, food, and dance from around the world.
Join us at 4:00 pm for international snacks, trivia, music, and conversation. Beginner's dance lessons start at 4:10 pm. No experience necessary! Everyone is welcome!
Next Global Exchange:
Mark your calendars for our next Global Exchange of the semester:
Lindy Hop with the Appalachian Swing Club
Wednesday, February 28
Whitewater Cafe (near McAlister's)
Past Global Exchanges:
- November 2017: Persian Dance - Bahareh Shirkhanloo - Baklava and mint yogurt drink
- October 2017: Bachata - Paulina Pineiro Ponce - Chips and salsa
- September 2017: Waack/Vogue Dance - Brooke Waldron - British tea and short bread
- April 2017: Cuban Salsa - Aneisy Cardo - Cuban crackers and guava paste
- March 2017: Brazilian Forro - Murilo Artese and Sophia Nagy - Pão de Queijo
- February 2017: Chilean Cueca - Ignacia Meyer and Lucas de la Horra - sopaipillos and pebre
- January 2017: Greek Dance - Maria Anastasiou, OIED - tzatziki, pita, and meat balls