The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program is a fully funded summer overseas language and cultural immersion program for American undergraduate and graduate students. With the goal of broadening the base of Americans studying and mastering critical languages and building relationships between the people of the United States and other countries, CLS provides opportunities to a diverse range of students from across the United States at every level of language learning.
The CLS Program is a program of the U.S. Department of State.
Eligibility and Resources
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be enrolled in an accredited U.S. degree-granting program at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- You must be enrolled at your home college or university in the Fall Semester of the cycle you apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one academic year of study
- CLS Website
- Available Languages (Experience required varies by language)
- Video- CLS Information Session
- Video- CLS Application Tips