The Gilman Scholarship Program is an undergraduate grant program for U.S. citizens of limited financial means to enable them to study abroad, thereby internationalizing their outlook and better preparing them to thrive in the global economy. Scholarships range from $2,000 to $7,000.
Eligibility and Resources
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be an undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States;
- Be receiving a Federal Pell Grant;
- Be in the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program of at least three weeks (21 days) in a single country and eligible for credit from the student's home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement;
- Be proposing to study in a country not currently under a Travel Warning issued by the United States Department of State* or otherwise determined ineligible for program participation.
Upcoming Gilman Workshops
- Essay Writing Workshop- September 11 at 11 am in 100 New River, Plemmons Student Union. Free Pizza!
|Semester Traveling||Gilman Application Deadline|
|Fall 2017/AY 2017-2018/Summer 2017||March 7, 2017|
|Spring 2018||October 10, 2017|
|Summer 2018 (Early Application)||October 10, 2017|
|Summer 2018||March 6, 2018|