How to apply
If you plan to use any form of financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships) to participate in a short-term, faculty-led education abroad program, we strongly recommend that you take the following steps before applying to the program:
- Complete your FAFSA for the academic year in which the program is offered. Please be mindful of Financial Aid deadlines!
- Visit the Office of Financial Aid's website at http://financialaid.appstate.edu/study-abroad. Read all the information carefully and print the Study Abroad Agreement Form for the appropriate term that you are requesting an increase in financial aid due to studying abroad.
- Go to the Office of Financial Aid on the second floor of the JET Building to discuss your financial aid eligibility with Kim Overcash or another financial aid counselor PRIOR to applying to the program.
HOW TO APPLY:
- SUBMIT YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Log in to AppalNET/Banner Self-Service.
- Select the "Direct Link to Web Self-Service" using your AppState username and password.
- Select the Student Tab.
- Scroll down and click on the "Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application Packet*" link.
- Select the program-specific application form from the programs drop-down menu.
- Fill out, save, and submit the online application.
- PRINT, SIGN, AND DATE THE PAPER APPLICATION FORM
- PAY THE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
- Walk to the Office of Student Accounts, located on the 2nd floor of the John E. Thomas building.
- Give the name and term of your program to the Cashier who will look up the deposit charge on your account (e.g., Poland COM Summer 1).
- Pay the non-refundable deposit by check, cash, credit card, or money order.
- BRING YOUR SIGNED PAPER APPLICATION TO OIED
- Walk to the Office of International Education and Development (OIED), located on the 3rd floor of Plemmons Student
Union, Suite 321.
- OIED will make your enrollment official upon reception of your signed paper application and verification of deposit payment.
You will NOT be enrolled in the program until you have completed all 4 steps above.
You are strongly encouraged to share the information contained in the Faculty-Led Education Abroad Program Online Student Application Form with your family and loved ones (including the Student Handbook ), before submitting your application.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
Programs are open until full. If a program is full, the Faculty-led Education Abroad Program Online Student Application Form for that program will be deactivated and you will no longer be able to apply. All spring and summer 2016 programs must recruit students before Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at the latest.
Appalachian reserves the right to cancel or alter the program format or to change costs in case of conditions beyond the university's control.