The Office of International Education and Development is committed to providing the highest level of service to our stakeholders. Our stakeholders include domestic students, international students and scholars, faculty, staff, campus and community partners, and parents. Below you will find our full promise, progress benchmarks, and a feedback button. We depend on your input to improve our processes and level of service. We look forward to serving you!
What have we done so far?
- Developed a way to submit feedback for our stakeholders
- Increased outreach to academic departments on campus to improve collaboration
- Added workshops, advising hours, and weekly tabling in the Plemmons Student Union to increase student interactions
- Ongoing collaboration with ACCESS, SSS, Multicultural Student Development, Athletics, Office of Disability Services, Office of Transfer Services, Student Veteran Services, College Access Programs, the Quality Enhancement Plan, and academic departments to increase awareness of study abroad opportunities for underrepresented populations on campus
- Increased outreach and improved campus timelines for scholarships and funded programs, helping more students find funding for study abroad programs
- More transparency in policies and procedures
- Increased collaboration with Health Services to ensure safety for our students
- Streamlined technological processes for incoming international students
- Increased collaboration with University Housing, Student Accounts, Health Services, Center for Student Involvement and Leadership, University Recreation, Multicultural Student Development, Admissions, Social Security Administration, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, Information Technology Services, General Counsel, and Campus Police to continually improve more resources to incoming international students
OIED Service Standards: Prioritized and Defined
Safety: Prioritize the well-being of all stakeholders while home and abroad.
- Research best practices to keep students, faculty and staff safe at home and abroad.
- Monitor domestic and international events and news.
- Make information available about possible hazards and security concerns.
- Make contingency plans/emergency plans for stakeholders on campus and abroad.
Attention to Detail: Proactively gather and review information specific to OIED services and assess if services are meeting the needs of its stakeholders
- Identify most appropriate contacts and channels in the office, across campus, and overseas.
- Have a follow-up plan with OIED stakeholders
- Have ongoing OIED staff trainings regarding relevant Federal and State regulations to maintain accuracy and compliance in all OIED processes.
- Devote regular time to necessary tasks.
Efficiency: Provide services in a timely manner while maintaining safety and attention to detail
- Exhibit good time management skills.
- Harness the technological capabilities available to OIED.
- Utilize office resources (ask for help when needed).
- Develop organizational systems.
Flexibility: Actively seek out and explore alternative options and viewpoints.
- Demonstrate openness to address unique customer needs.
- Collaborate with other offices to best serve the needs of our stakeholders.
- Be willing to do things outside of own comfort zone.
- Keep abreast of OIED services and know how to obtain information.