AppELS Institute's undergraduate Pathway Program combines customized credit-bearing courses with English-language support courses to assist students to succesfully begin and complete an undergraduate degree program at Appalachian State University.
Why Join the Pathway Program?
This program provides a unique pathway into an undergraduate degree program at Appalachian State University. Through this program, you can:
- gain admission to Appalachian State University while developing your academic English language skills
- begin your degree program right away
- receive real-time English language support during your first year's classes to help you be successful in a US university
- get an I-20 that shows your university admission
Pathway Program admission requirements:
- A complete online application
- A non-refundable application fee of $65 (USD)
- Official high school/secondary school transcript
- Official English language test scores (minimum requirement: TOEFL 59, IELTS 5.5, DET 90)
Apply now for Fall 2022 admission!
The Pathway Program is a one-year course schedule that includes 12 credit hours of general education requirements for students to progress toward their undergraduate degree. AppELS Institute supports students with additional academically-focused English courses.
Undergraduate Credit-Bearing Courses
AppELS Institute Support Courses
MAT 1010 – Introduction to Mathematics (4 hours)
PE courses (2 hours)
English for Mathematics (3 hours)
English for Humanities (3 hours)
Library Skills and Research (3 hours)
Culture and Service (3 hours)
LLC 1000 – English for International Students (3 hours)
UCO 1200 – First Year Seminar (3 hours)
English for Academic Purposes (3 hours)
Academic Transitions (3 hours)
American Culture (3 hours)
Students must successfully complete all components of the one year program in order to exit from the Pathway Program. Upon completion, students will have 12 credits toward their undergraduate degree and may continue studying without reapplying to the university.
The following details costs for the full one-year program.
Estimated Housing and Meals
TOTAL for one year program
For more infromation, please contact AppELS@appstate.edu or Admissions@appstate.edu.