Deadlines and Application Link
Scholarship application will open in MyApp on October 1. Application will close November 1 at 11:59 PM.
Scholarships for students participating in study abroad programs range from $500 to $2000. Students will be considered for all of the scholarships for which they are eligible, however you are only eligible to receive one scholarship per academic year (August-July).
Application deadlines are as follows:
|Faculty-Led Program Starting||Application Deadline|
|Late Spring and Summer||March 15|
|Semester/Summer/Year Starting||Application Deadline|
|Summer and Fall||March 15|
|International Student Starting||Application Deadline|
Application is open in Appalnet. Go to Self Service > Student > Scholarship Opportunities > International Program Scholarships to apply. Application will close November 1 at 11:59 PM. Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information, including disbursement and financial aid information.
Available OIED Scholarships
Adam P. Kephart Endowed Scholarship for International Programs
Established in 1994, the funds generated by the Adam P. Kephart Endowed Scholarship are directed to the highest and best use of "international" programs at Appalachian State University. Scholarships are provided to programs that offer the greatest potential for increasing international understanding.
Appalachian State University Study Abroad Scholarship
This fund was established by Appalachian State University to provide scholarship support for Appalachian students participating in approved long-term study abroad programs.
Go Abroad: International Appalachian Scholarship
Established in 2009 by members of International Appalachian (INTAPP), a student organization, this endowed fund supports Appalachian students of all majors traveling abroad to the country of their choice for the purpose of study, research, or internship.
- 2.5 GPA
- Preference for financial need
Kathryn “Katie” Stout Memorial Study Abroad Scholarship
Established in 2008 in memory of Kathryn "Katie" Stout, the purpose of this endowed fund is to provide financial assistance to Appalachian State University students who are enrolled in approved University study abroad programs, with preference given to students who are studying in China.
- Preference for travel to China
- One page essay explaining how study abroad opportunities will positively impact their Appalachian Educational Experience
Landon Hill Study Abroad Memorial Scholarship Fund
Established in 2011 in honor of Landon Hill, Appalachian student and active member of International Appalachian (INTAPP), the purpose of this fund is to provide financial assistance to Appalachian State University students interested in studying abroad who demonstrate a desire to increase understanding and tolerance of human diversity worldwide.
- Must demonstrate financial need
T. Marvin Williamsen Study Abroad Scholarship
Established in 2009 by the Office of International Education and Development in honor of Dr. T. Marvin Williamsen's tenure as the first Associate Vice Chancellor for International Programs at Appalachian, this scholarship provides support for Appalachian students participating in various education abroad programs.
Woodson-Horine Endowed International Scholarship
This endowment fund was established in 2001 to provide scholarship support for Appalachian students participating in approved international education programs and/or to support international degree-seeking students studying at Appalachian.
Appalachian State University funding opportunities at http://orsp.appstate.edu/find-funding/search-grant-programs/browse-funding-guides
External Scholarships: This information is posted as a courtesy. Appalachian State University and OIED in no way guarantee the available funding or receipt of such award.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program
- Dr. Lu, Sylvia, and Daniel Kiang Scholarship for Chinese Students- Not Currently Open, Check back February 2015
- Mexican Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
- Department of State Critical Language Scholarship
- Thomas R. Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship Program
- Thomas R. Pickering Graduate Foreign Affairs Fellowship Program
- CIA Undergraduate Internship Program
- CIA Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowship Program
- UNCFSP Summer Internship Opportunities Program
- UNCFSP Institute for International Public Policy
- Internships International Institute for Indigenous Resource Management
- The National Security Education Program (NSEP) David L. Boren Undergraduate Scholarships
- Robert B. Bailey Scholarship
- School for International Training (SIT) - College Semester Abroad Scholarships
- Cultural Experience Abroad (CEA) Academic Excellence Scholarship
- U.S. Department of State's Fulbright Program
- The Garden Club of America Summer Scholarships for Environmental Studies
- School of Field Studies (SFS) Environmental Field Studies Abroad - Andreas Family Fund Scholarships
- The Marion Wright Edelman Scholarship
- Vincent L. Hawkinson Foundation for Peace and Justice Scholarship
- Camp Adventure Youth Services
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- Golden Key Study Abroad Scholarships
- Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan
- IIEPassport Study Abroad Funding
- Pass Rusher Concussion Scholarship
Let us know how we are doing. Please leave us your feedback.