Study Abroad 101
So you want to study abroad?
Let's make it happen! We know that starting the process can look a little bit intimidating; there are a lot of questions and details and plans that somehow all need to fall in place and it can definitely feel like a whole juggling act (on top of school and life).
Fear not! Our office is more than welcome to help you! We are here to share all of the tips, tools, and resources that we have to help kickstart your successful adventure abroad.
The best place to start your journey is by joining us for a Study Abroad 101 session.
Study Abroad 101 will:
- help you process what questions to consider as you choose a program
- give you access to numerous resources that the office has available for you
- allow you the opportunity to explore the process and those resources on your own at your own pace
Study Abroad 101 is highly encouraged before scheduling a 1-on-1 advising appointment because it will address many of the questions that students generally have when beginning their research. Of course, at the virtual workshops, questions are more than welcome, encouraged, and happily addressed!
If you're not available to join us for a live session of Study Abroad 101, feel free to watch the video below.
Study Abroad 101 Workshops
- Monday, 1/23, 3pm | Roan Mountain (Plemmons Student Union 122)
- Tuesday, 2/7, 11am | Virtual (Register here)
- Wednesday, 2/22, 12pm | Tater Hill (Plemmons Student Union 155)
- Thursday, 3/9, 2pm | Virtual (Register here)
- Friday, 3/24, 10am | Linville Gorge (Plemmons Student Union 242)
- Monday, 4/3, 11am | Virtual (Register here)
- Tuesday, 4/18, 3:30pm | Roan Mountain (Plemmons Student Union 122)
- Wednesday, 4/26, 12pm | Virtual (Register here)
Education abroad walk-in advising will resume in the Spring 2023 semester on January 18, 2023. We are holding walk-in advising hours every Wednesday from 2-4pm in OIED (PSU 321).