OIED Application is now OPEN in Appalnet!
To access the application, log into Appalnet, go to Self Service> Student> Scholarship Opportunities> International Scholarships to apply.
For Education Abroad Programs Starting Between
12/1/16 and 12/1/17
2/15/17 and 2/15/18
5/1/17 and 5/1/18
- Students are encouraged to apply early for scholarships.
- If students are unsuccessful in getting a scholarship when applying, OIED is happy to advise on making a stronger application, so that they may apply again in a later cycle. These students should make an appointment with an advisor listed below.
- Scholarships range from $500 to $2000. Students will be considered for all of the scholarships for which they are eligible, however they can receive one scholarship per academic year (August-July).
International Students Scholarships
Fall Semester Returning Student
Want to Learn More?
Step 1: Attend a scholarship workshop!
Step 3: Need more help? Make an advising appointment.
- General advising
- Critical Languages Scholarship
Mondays — 2:00-4:00, Tuesdays — 1:00-3:00
- General Advising
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship
- Fullbright Program
Wednesdays — 11:00-1:00, Thursdays — 9:00-11:00
OIED Application Questions
Each essay is 4,000 characters maximum (including spaces).
- Each education abroad program is unique, and destinations vary greatly. What factors are you considering in your choice of study abroad program or destination? What unique background and life experiences do you have which will help you positively contribute to your study abroad program and the local community?
- How will this experience impact your personal and professional goals, and how will you continue this global learning when you return home? For example, becoming more active on campus, taking more GLO courses, continuing to engage with the host language, encouraging others to study abroad, learn a language, or be more globally engaged. Be specific.