For Education Abroad Programs Starting Between
12/1/18 and 12/1/19
2/15/19 and 2/15/20
5/1/19 and 5/1/20
- Students are encouraged to apply early for scholarships.
- If students are unsuccessful in getting a scholarship when applying, OIED is happy to advise on making a stronger application, so that they may apply again in a later cycle. These students should make an appointment with an advisor listed below.
- Scholarships range from $250 to $2000. Students will be considered for all of the scholarships for which they are eligible, however they can receive one scholarship per academic year (August-July).
International Students Scholarships
Fall Semester Returning Student
The OIED application consists of 2 essays and a recommendation letter.
Each essay is 4,000 characters maximum (including spaces).
- Each international experience is unique, and destinations vary greatly. What factors do you consider when choosing a program or destination? How will this experience impact your personal, academic, and/or professional goals?
- What unique background and life experiences do you have which will help you positively contribute to your international experience and the host community? How will you continue this global learning when you return home? For example, becoming more active on campus, taking more GLO courses, continuing to engage with the host language, encouraging others to travel internationally, learn a language, or be more globally engaged. Be specific.
The application also includes a letter of recommendation. This should be from a professor, supervisor, or community leader. Once you enter a recommender, an email will be sent to your recommender. Please save your application early to allow your recommender adequate time to complete it by the deadline. Recommendations must be submitted by the deadline.