This information is posted as a courtesy. Appalachian State University and OIED in no way guarantee the available funding or receipt of such award. Review each scholarship or grant closely for requirements and eligibility.
Other On Campus Resources :
- Appalachian State Scholarships has a searchable database of scholarships
- Nationally Competitive Scholarships offers support for students applying to many scholarships, including Gilman, CLS, and Fulbright
- International Student Affairs offers a scholarship list for diverse students, many of which cover study abroad.
- If researching abroad, the Office of Student Research offers grants
- Check the website for your major and minor. Departments sometimes have their own scholarships for study abroad
- Check other associations on campus you are involved in:
- Sororities and Fraternities
- Honors College
- Work with the Writing Center on your scholarship essays.
Nontraditional Fundraising ideas:
- Start a crowdfunding campaign where friends and family can help sponsor you.
- Ask non-campus groups you are involved with about sponsoring you.
- Heritage groups that have interests in specific countries (e.g. Japan America Society)
- Civic groups (Rotary, Kiwanis, and Lions Clubs)
- Religious organizations
- Civil organizations
- Sell coffee and baked goods with a sign stating your purpose.
- Ask family members to donate frequent flyer miles or money.
- Save all your spare change in a jar – small amounts can really add up!
- SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!