We are now accepting Fall 2021 requests for presentations.
Cultural Ambassadors will be available to deliver presentations between September 7 and December 1, 2021.
Cultural Ambassadors is comprised of international students and scholars. You can invite an individual or a group of students to share their international perspectives with your organization or classroom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Current international students and scholars
- Teachers of K-12 classrooms in Watauga County
- Appalachian State faculty and staff
- Community organizations serving Watauga County
- Our ability to fulfill requests is based on availability of Cultural Ambassadors and their schedules.
- Please allow a two-week lead time when requesting a presentation.
- If the presentation will take place off Appalachian's campus, it is extremely helpful if you are able to provide transportation.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- Music demonstrations
- Dance lessons
- Native language practice
- Interactive cultural activities
- We are open to your ideas and suggestions!
- Share their cultural experiences with others
- Participate in monthly workshops to improve public speaking and presentation skills
- Gain transferable, marketable skills that will give them an edge in the job market
- Network with school and organizations in the community
- Make friends with fellow participants from around the world
- Earn cultural service hours for the Global Connections Certificate that can also be documented on Appalachian's Co-Curricular Transcript