Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Appalachian State University is hosting the seventh annual Appalachian Global Symposium, held each November during the nationwide International Education Week.
The Appalachian Global Symposium is one of the approaches that supports the University's Quality Enhancement Plan of "Global Learning: A World of Opportunities for Appalachian Students."
The Symposium highlights global activities engaged in by faculty, staff, and students. Symposium presenters will be discussing a variety of topics including science, technology, business, education, music and politics.
The Appalachian Global Symposium is an opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to share their global work on a professional platform while simultaneously contributing to global learning at Appalachian.
The 2019 Appalachian Global Symposium Planning Committee:
- Ms. Joanie Andruss - Nationally Competitive Scholarships
- Dr. Becki Battista - Office of Student Research
- Mr. Rich Campbell - Outdoor Programs
- Mrs. Meredith Church Pipes - Walker College of Business
- Mr. Adam Julian - Office of International Education and Development
- Dr. Katherine Ledford - Appalachian Studies
- Mrs. Karen Binger Marshall - Office of International Education and Development
- Mr. Alex McAllister - Belk Library and Information Commons
- Ms. Stephanie Hickey
- Dr. Robert Sanders - Cratis D. Williams School of Graduate Studies
- Dr. Laurie Semmes - Hayes School of Music
- Dr. Paul Wallace - Reich College of Education