The Appalachian State University Global Symposium is an opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to share their global work on a professional platform while simultaneously contributing to global learning at Appalachian. Symposium presenters will discuss a variety of topics including science, technology, business, education, music and politics.
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Appalachian State University is hosting the eleventh annual Global Symposium, held each fall during the nationwide International Education Week. The Global Symposium sessions will take place in-person in the Plemmons Student Union in 2023 with a virtual option if preferred. Presentation proposals about all forms of global research or activities engaged in by App State students, faculty, and staff are welcome.
The Appalachian State University Global Symposium is one of the approaches that supports the University's Quality Enhancement Plan of "Global Learning: A World of Opportunities for Appalachian State University Students."
The 2023 Global Symposium Planning Committee:
- Becki Battista - Office of Student Research
- Meredith Church Pipes - Walker College of Business
- Jackson Koonts - Office of International Education and Development
- Katherine Ledford - Department of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Karen Binger Marshall - Office of International Education and Development
- Hannah Pope - Belk Library and Information Commons
- Johnna Reisner DeSantis - Nationally Competitive Scholarships
- Laurie Semmes - Hayes School of Music
- Paul Wallace - Reich College of Education