The Symposium highlights global activities engaged in by faculty, staff, and students. Symposium presenters will be discussing a variety of topics including science, technology, business, education, music and politics.
The Appalachian Global Symposium is an opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to share their global work on a professional platform while simultaneously contributing to global learning at Appalachian.
Appalachian State University is hosting the eighth annual Appalachian Global Symposium, held each fall during the nationwide International Education Week. Please note that this year's Global Symposium will take place in a virtual format. Please take advantage of the online technology involved in this year’s conference by inviting your international partners to participate in your presentation. Presentation proposals about all forms of global research or activities engaged in by Appalachian students, faculty, and staff are welcome.
The Appalachian Global Symposium is one of the approaches that supports the University's Quality Enhancement Plan of "Global Learning: A World of Opportunities for Appalachian Students."
The 2020 Appalachian Global Symposium Planning Committee:
- Terri Lockwood - Nationally Competitive Scholarships
- Becki Battista - Office of Student Research
- Rich Campbell - Outdoor Programs
- Meredith Church Pipes - Walker College of Business
- Trivia Eggers - Office of International Education and Development
- Katherine Ledford - Appalachian Studies
- Karen Binger Marshall - Office of International Education and Development
- Hannah Pope - Belk Library and Information Commons
- Stephanie Hickey - Cratis D. Williams School of Graduate Studies
- Laurie Semmes - Hayes School of Music
- Paul Wallace - Reich College of Education
2020 Schedule and Registration Links
Click here for the presentation schedule and to register for the events.