The Appalachian State University Global Symposium is an opportunity for faculty, staff, and students to share their global work on a professional platform while simultaneously contributing to global learning at Appalachian. Symposium presenters will discuss a variety of topics including science, technology, business, education, music and politics.
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Appalachian State University is hosting the tenth annual Global Symposium, held each fall during the nationwide International Education Week. The Global Symposium sessions will take place in-person in the Plemmons Student Union in 2022 with a virtual option if preferred. Presentation proposals about all forms of global research or activities engaged in by App State students, faculty, and staff are welcome.
The Appalachian State University Global Symposium is one of the approaches that supports the University's Quality Enhancement Plan of "Global Learning: A World of Opportunities for Appalachian State University Students."
The 2022 Global Symposium Planning Committee:
- Becki Battista - Office of Student Research
- Rich Campbell - Outdoor Programs
- Meredith Church Pipes - Walker College of Business
- Trivia Eggers - Office of International Education and Development
- Katherine Ledford - Appalachian Studies
- Karen Binger Marshall - Office of International Education and Development
- Hannah Pope - Belk Library and Information Commons
- Joseph Gonzalez - Department of Cultural, Gender, and Global Studies
- Laurie Semmes - Hayes School of Music
- Paul Wallace - Reich College of Education