Check back throughout the year as various positions are hired at different parts of the academic year.
2022-2023 Education Abroad Peer Advisors
Education Abroad Peer Advisors (PAs) are paid positions within the Office of International Education and Development, specifically working with the Education Abroad unit to promote education abroad opportunities across campus. PAs will work with academic departments, campus organizations, student groups and other partners across campus as necessary. PAs are alumni of the study abroad affiliate programs that are sponsoring the positions.
- Punctual, reliable, and organized
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with diverse groups
- Willing to learn new technologies and applications
- Able to commit to 10 hours per week
- Able to commit to working in this position for a full academic year
- Conduct Study Abroad 101 sessions
- Facilitate Education Abroad Drop-In Hours
- Enhance the Education Abroad Advising process
- Conduct classroom presentations, manage tabling opportunities, and otherwise represent Education Abroad on campus
- Assist with the Education Abroad Fair in the fall semester
- Assist with pre-departure orientations each semester
- Assist with incoming exchange student projects
- Complete affiliate-assigned projects
- Complete special projects, as assigned
- Meet on a regular basis with direct supervisor for feedback and assignments.
- Meet on a semester basis with the sponsoring affiliate for feedback and assignments.
- As necessary, meet with OIED staff members.
Career Readiness Skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Oral and written communication
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Digital technology
- Professionalism and a strong work ethic
- Career management
- Global and intercultural fluency
If your study abroad program is a sponsoring entity, we will contact you with application instructions. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.