Immigration and Visa Information

Appalachian State University welcomes all international students.  Those who need F-1 or J-1 student visa support will work with the ISSSO unit in the Office of International Programs to acquire the documenation needed to apply for a student visa.  For more information, see the Apply for a Visa page.  Students who are currently in the US on an F-1 visa and wish to transfer to or from App State should visit the Transfer page.


F1 Student Button


F-1 Students will be admitted to App State for a degree or certificate program.  They will complete their degree at App State. 

J1 Student Button


J-1 Students will be admiited to App State for an exchange program for 1 or 2 semesters (with rare exceptions).  They will complete their degree at their home university.