Apply for a Visa
All new incoming F-1 and J-1 international students and scholars must apply for a student visa to enter the US.
Students and scholars may not use a B visa to study or work in the US.
- Be admitted to the University.
- Get your DS-2019 (J-1) or I-20 (F-1) from ISSSO.
- Go to F-1 Student visa page or J-1 Student visa page to learn how to set up a visa appointment.
- Pay the SEVIS fee.
- Go to the visa appointment.
- Come to the US up to 30 days before your program start date.
Helpful links on getting the visa process started:
- Pay I-901 SEVIS fee
Returning international students and scholars must renew their visa at a US embassy or consulate outside the US ONLY IF
- They have plans to travel out the US AND
- The visa in their passport will expire before returning to the US
Contact email@example.com if you have questions about your student visa status.