F-1 and J-1 students and scholars traveling within the US should carry the following documents:
- Valid Passport (not expired)
- Up to date Form I-20 or DS-2019
- Suggested: proof of COVID-19 vaccination
F-1 and J-1 students and scholars traveling outside the US (and planning to return) should carry the following documents:
- Passport that is valid for 6 months after the date the student plans to return to the US
- Valid F-1 or J-1 visa in the passport
- Up to date Form I-20 or DS-2019 with a travel signature signed within 6 months of your planned return date
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Suggested for F-1 students: proof of enrollment (transcript, class schedule, or letter of admission)
To get a new travel signature or to ask additional questions, visit us during walk-in hours.
F-1 students may remain in the US up to 60 days after their program end date.
J-1 students and scholars may remain in the US up to 30 days after their program end date.
Once students or scholars leave the US during their grace period, they may not use their F or J visa to re-enter the US.